Reserving Packer Memorial Church, Lehigh University, for a wedding is restricted to the following persons:
- Lehigh students, alumni, faculty, and staff and their *immediate family members (*children of faculty/staff/alumni, mother, father, sister, brother, grandparents.) For a Roman Catholic wedding, bride or groom must be a graduate of Lehigh to be eligible. Children of faculty or staff are not eligible unless they themselves are graduates of Lehigh. This applies only to Catholic weddings.
- Alumni requesting the University Chaplain, Rev. Dr. Lloyd H. Steffen. (must be approved according to university guidelines)
- Alumni requesting the Newman Center Chaplain, and for whom the university is considered their parish. See #1 for eligibility for catholic wedding.
- The chapel is not available for non-religious wedding ceremonies by a judge or justice of the peace.
- Weddings will be reserved only through the Office of the University Chaplain.
LOCATION OF CHAPLAIN'S OFFICE:
The Dialogue Center, Chaplain's Office, 661 Taylor Street #41, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Telephone: 610-758-3877 Fax 610-758-4670
LOCATION OF NEWMAN CENTER:
Holy Ghost Church, 417 Carlton Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18015
We are currently booking for 2017 and 2018 only.
Messages of request may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by telephoning Terri Ball-Nicholas: 610-758-3877
Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All emails and telephone calls will be returned in the order in which they were received.
Reservations for 2019 will be offered in late January 2018.
Certain dates may be held for possible university events which take precedence over outside reservations.
UPDATE ON PACKER MEMORIAL CHURCH
Dear Brides and Grooms:
Lehigh makes necessary repairs and improvements to buildings and grounds during the summer months in preparation for the upcoming academic year. This site will be updated as we receive information regarding projects planned for areas directly around Packer Memorial Church.
Historical architects will be working to restore the stained glass windows of Packer Memorial Church over the next several years. In 2014, work was completed on the South transept section and moved East into the altar area. Continuation of project resumed in May 2015 focusing on all the main altar windows and was completed in late August 2015. In May of 2016, restoration work commenced with the North transept section and West toward the tower (the side of the church parallel to Packer Avenue). The project involved scaffolding on both the exterior and interior of the church. Scaffolding inside the church was draped with matching fabric. Work on this section was completed mid-November 2016.
UPDATED: April 14, 2017
2017 Restorations (tentative): Scaffolding will encase the entire tower from Spring 2017 through Thanksgiving 2017. Lower scaffold will remain in place over the 2017-2018 winter months. Please see diagram marking the tower. The scanned photo on the lower half of the diagram is included for a better view of the church's main entrance and outdoor patio area which will not be affected by the scaffold. There will be no scaffold inside the church in 2017.
2018 Restorations (tentative): Restoration of three stained glass windows on the north side of the church (Packer Avenue) are tentatively scheduled from Spring through Thanksgiving of 2018. Exterior construction includes scaffolding on the lower portion of the tower and a full scaffold build on the north facing wall. Interior work will include scaffolding draped with matching fabric on the north side of the church. Please see image of outlined construction.
2019 Restorations (tentative): Construction scaffold on the front exterior of the church is slated for early 2019. Image depicts area to be restored.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For information or questions concerning weddings in Packer Church, please contact the Chaplain's Office at 610-758-3877 or send e-mail to Terri Ball-Nicholas at: email@example.com