The Chaplain's Office is currently booking Packer Memorial Church rentals for calendar year 2019 and 2020. Reservations for 2021 will be offered in mid-February 2020. Certain dates may be held for possible university events which take precedence over outside reservations.
Please read the following information carefully.
Messages of request may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Email and telephone reservation requests will be returned in the order in which they were received.
*RESERVING PACKER MEMORIAL CHURCH, LEHIGH UNIVERSITY, FOR A WEDDING IS RESTRICTED AS FOLLOWS:
1. Lehigh students, alumni, faculty, and staff and their *immediate family members (*children of faculty/staff/alumni, mother, father, sister, brother, grandparents.) For a Roman Catholic wedding, bride or groom must be a graduate of Lehigh to be eligible. Children of faculty or staff are not eligible unless they themselves are graduates of Lehigh. This applies only to Catholic weddings.
2. Non-affiliated couples may reserve the Chapel, but must use the services of the University Chaplain, Rev. Dr. Lloyd H. Steffen. If the Rev. Dr. Lloyd H. Steffen is not available, another officiant will be assigned or other consideration may be accepted as approved by the Rev. Dr. Lloyd H. Steffen.
3. Alumni requesting the Newman Center Chaplain, and for whom the university is considered their parish. See #1 for eligibility for catholic wedding.
4. The chapel is not available for non-religious wedding ceremonies by a judge or justice of the peace.
5. Weddings will be reserved only through the Office of the University Chaplain using the RESERVATION REQUEST FORM.
LOCATION OF CHAPLAIN'S OFFICE
The Dialogue Center, Chaplain's Office
661 Taylor Street #41
Bethlehem, PA 18015
LOCATION OF NEWMAN CENTER
Holy Ghost Church
417 Carlton Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18015
UPDATE ON PACKER MEMORIAL CHURCH
Lehigh makes necessary repairs and improvements to buildings and grounds during the summer months in preparation for the upcoming academic year. This site will be updated as we receive information regarding projects planned for areas directly around Packer Memorial Church.
Historical architects will be working to restore the stained glass windows of Packer Memorial Church over the next several years. In 2014, work was completed on the South transept section and moved East into the altar area. Continuation of project resumed in May 2015 focusing on all the main altar windows and was completed in late August 2015. In May of 2016, restoration work commenced with the North transept section and West toward the tower (the side of the church parallel to Packer Avenue). The project involved scaffolding on both the exterior and interior of the church. Scaffolding inside the church was draped with matching fabric. Work on this section was completed mid-November 2016. Tower restorations were completed in the Spring of 2018.
2019 RESTORATION - Front stained glass windows.
The image below depicts construction scaffold on the church exterior front as of June 1, 2019.
A scaffold build will begin in the interior front in mid-June.
Restoration completion is expected by the end of November 2019 - contingent on various factors, including weather.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
UPDATED: June 3, 2019.